Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whirlwind day


Cute wee girl!


Cute wee, semi-mobile girl! She's crawling backwards now.

24 hours ago, I was sitting here at the computer, still in a quandary over what to do. The rent at Pepi's is due on Sunday 19th, as well as another month's rent for the car. We're at that stage now where we might be here another month, maybe more, maybe less. The yucky beasties have been getting to me, and Pepi's been a bit strange lately. He doesn't seem as happy to have us here as he was before, and I think he'd like to be able to rent out his houses at a higher nightly, or weekly rate, rather than the long term rate we've been paying.

As I was pondering these issues, I was chatting online to Ahmed:
ahmed: then 100 minutes of supervised grammar practice
then the WEEKEND!!!!!!!!
11:25 PM me: yay!!!! bet you're so looking forward to it. aaaaaaah, a mouse just ran past!!!!!!
can't wait to leave!!!!!!
aaargh, it's in the kitchen
under where the water cooler is, and i've put a towel under the door
it's now under the fridge!!! far out!!!!
eeeeeeeeeek!
11:26 PM ahmed: stop typing, get it out, then come back
me: aaaaaahhh!@!!!
i can't move!!!!
i'm too scared!!!!!!
and laughing hysterically
oh my god
it's under the stove now
11:27 PM ahmed: mouses are better than ratses
me: thank god it's not a rat
great minds
i want to get the towel away from the door to the garage, but can't, am too scared to move
ahmed: my girls are finishing up
have to go
me: heh heh, this is so funny! i can't stop laughing, i have tears pouring down my face!!!!
ok, bye love
Ahmed was teaching his class (naughty thing chatting...!) so had to go, and just at that moment, mousie ran up from behind the stove onto the bench, and straight towards me and I really screamed. (Wuss...!) This woke up Maya, who started her own screaming, albiet the: my-dummy-fell-out-come-and-feed-me-and-what's-all-that-racket-out-in-the-kitchen? kind. So I took refuge in the bedroom with her, shut the door with a towel under the crack and went to bed.

Anyway, mousie was my tipping point. Two rats (oh, found another dead one outside my door) and a mouse, still no respite from the fleas, and a grumpy landlord. On top of the adoption stresses, I can't be bothered with these things anymore.

So, I jumped online and booked:
1) a holiday for a week in Ixtapa for Maya and me from Saturday 18th
2) flights to Ixtapa
3) a month rental in another furnished house in Brisas del Mar from Saturday 25th

So, that's it. We're off the day after tomorrow. I'm packing up suitcases to take on holiday with us and boxes to store until we move into Brisas del Mar. The rats & fleas win. I will miss our beautiful courtyard. And this crazy, wacky house, with its weird furniture and ornaments (the ceramic life-size dalmation under the TV, for example). But I also won't miss it, and it's time for us to move away from some of the stresses we've had living here. And a holiday, bliss....the decision is definitely the right one, as I'm suddenly feeling alive again.

And, as a happy postscript, the rumour mill says that our dearest friend Solis is about to release our report to the court. Our lawyer Aida says that her secretary says that (I heard it through the grapevine...) she'll release it this week. Which in Mexico could mean sometime next week. Or whenever. But at least it sounds like it will soon be free from her menacing influence...

No comments: