Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trifles

Yes, courts opened in Mexico on Monday, 12th January. That 'magic' day came and went, and another day after it. Nothing is happening, yet again.

We are now waiting upon an unknown person, who needs to go and meet two other unknown people, to resolve an unknown case, before Maya's birth mother will be in any state to sign off our adoption. All feels very bitsy and out of our realm of influence.

So once again, we're left here focusing on the minutiae of everyday life: Pink or white tights with the burgandy dress? Does the spoon make a difference with how much dinner Maya eats? Does she really not like broccoli, or is she just tired? Where is the warmest spot in the house to get the bread dough to rise? Where oh where did the Tui Bee Balme disappear to? These and other trifling thoughts occupy my mind all day long, while the REALLY BIG issue just hovers around behind those thoughts. When my mind wanders from the everyday, trifling matters for a moment, and the REALLY BIG issue drifts in, I get too scared, and have to go back to wondering whether I need to buy more cleaning products.

2 comments:

Prue Smart said...

I see the saga goes on unrelenting ma x x x

Anonymous said...

Do it...go buy more cleaning products, you can never have too many. And you know, the size of the spoon does indeed matter, buy a few of those as well and experiment.
Hmmn, different coloured tights are always a quandry worthy of a little thinking time...
If those big issues are too big and too much at times Emma, you just go ahead and faff over the smaller ones, they will help you get through and keep you from worrying and thinking more than you probably should.
I've just been catching up on your blog, my laptop is broken so I have missed out on a lot of my reading.
As always you're in my thoughts.
We are hoping to get our dossier sent at the end of the month...God willing.
Take care, keep smiling and hoping,
Roze x