Sunday, April 26, 2009

Benvenidos en Tijuana

Two crazy days of packing, running around like a grinning headless chicken, in Abu Dhabi, 29 hours of squishing up with folks on three planes, 11 different time zones, countless bad airline meals, and here I am, back in Tijuana, arriving in Mexico just as a flu epidemic is taking over the news, and the government is shutting down all schools and nurseries in the country. Next to be shut down if it keeps going are all the ministries. Ha ha. Guess where we have to go to get Maya's passport legalized? Ministry of Internal Affairs and Minstry of External Affairs.

Yes, our lives were clearly too boring, and we need more drama.

Little punky baby came back yesterday, and my goodness, I don't think I'm lying when I say that we have the most beautiful baby in the world. Maya toddled up the street towards me, holding Myrna's hand, and when she saw me, stuck out her arms and gave me a big grin. I picked her up, and she promptly turned around and put her arms back out to Myrna! Little scallywag... I'm so glad that she's been so well looked after for the past two and a half months, and she was clearly very happy with them. She's now being weaned back off TV and late nights, and back onto boring mummy schedule.

She's a real little toddler. She toddles! It's so strange, I keep putting her down and expecting her to get down and crawl, but she just toddles. She's still her happy, exploring little self, loves eating pretty much anything, hasn't shown any interest in her bottle any more though, not sure if that's a phase or the status quo from now on. Had to make a mad dash to buy a new cot, as the old one had totally died. I might see if I can send this one back to Abu Dhabi, as it's a good travel cot.

We're staying with Fiona and the twins, who have also grown so much in two and half months. They are also vying for the position of most beautiful babies in the world, gorgeous little darlings. Last night, we had the three of them in two little tubs in the bathroom, lots of splashing, rubber duckies, and happy naked babies. And two wet mothers trying to keep it all under control. Madness. Haven't got my camera back from Myrna and co yet, so couldn't video it, but I will soon!

Right, it's now 4am, been up for an hour, ahhh, the joys of jetlag. Time to go and toss and turn and see if there's some sleep in it.

5 comments:

ZiglioNZ said...

iEstoy contento de que todo haya ido muy bien!

The pandemic thing is just unbelievable. They haven't shut down the airports... Surely 99% of people over there are just fine and safe

Tracy said...

Hi Emma,

Glad you arrived ok and I wish I could have seen your face when you were reunited with Maya!! Bet it was a movie moment.

We're all a bit worried over here, hoping that you and Maya don't catch anything nasty and that it doesn't mean more delays to your case.

Take care, keep safe and know that we're thinking of you.

Tracy xxx

Dadima said...

Happy Reunion Emma and Maya,

It must be an incredible feeling to be together.
We pray for the next few steps to be uneventful, so that you can safely bypass the health threat, and return home, hopefully via TO

Love to Fiona Margot and Clifford.

Dadima

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...what a lovely post!

I was so happy when i got your email (sorry i didnt reply via mail, it's just been so hectic)It bought tears to my eyes.

Here's wishing you guys the best for a speedy return home with your bouncing li'l bundle.

lots of lve n hugs
Roze

barb said...

Hi Emma,

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you and
your family. Maya is a beautiful child.
Thank you for all the lovely pictures.

Barb