Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's Official!!!

Yep, that's right, that one tiny, crucial detail that we've been waiting for ohhhhh, sooooo impatiently since October LAST YEAR, is now a done deal.

Approximately one hour ago, Aida, our indefatigable lawyer, called on Skype to say: She signed (line cut off) Call again: She signed (line cut off) Call again: She signed (line cut off) etc about six times.

That was all we needed to hear, and now after an hour of jubilant phone calls and bad line skype chats to Myrna, Aida, Fiona, our parents, we're up in the middle of the night, booking flights, grinning from ear to ear - or from Abu Dhabi to Tijuana - and there is dancing in the street, fireworks and a marching band celebrating outside. Ok, I made that up, but that's what it feels like.

So, we're now online trying to book flights, pack, prepare, think, sleep, dance and sing.

Baby girl, here we come!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw dancing in the street, laughing, singing, more dancing and fireworks tonight. I thought it was for WOMAD but I was wrong. It is for Maya! This is a day that should always be celebrated. In fact, maybe you should change Maya's leap year birthday to April 23rd.

Dadima said...

Congratulations Emma and Ahmed
The very best news of the year
I agree this should be Maya's
unofficial birthday.
Enjoy your flight back to Maya in Mexico. I bet she has her bags packed.
Much love to Myrna and Fiona and all who held the fort for a while
At last I have a song in my heart.
Dadima

Prue Smart said...

That champers is cooling in my fridge for our celebratory drink.
Ma x x xx

Gracias Mexico said...

My heart is with your family as you now are on your way to at last officially unite! I know you will cherish every moment!

Kathleen