Friday, November 28, 2008

One Day

That's how long it took for the tears to come back. Pathetic I know. Our lawyer and judge's secretary couldn't go to get Maya's birth mother's signature today. It was supposed to be the 29th October. Then the 11th November. Then the 20th November. Then the 28th November (today). Now it's supposed to be next Monday. The saga goes on. And on. And on. One positive thing I note is that each time it gets postponed, it gets postponed to a sooner date. First 13 days later. Then 9, then 8, now 3. That has to mean something, right?

It's not the fault of Maya's birth mother, or our lawyer, or the judge, or the secretary, or anyone in particular that we're stuck at this final stage, it's really the entire court system that is working against us now. Anyway. All we have left is some hope. As usual. So, we continue to hope that we'll get to the finish post. Otherwise, I think we'll have to look for jobs in Mexico and move here permanently. I'm kidding. But I do wonder.

2 comments:

Prue Smart said...

Hang in there girl, x x x x x x x

Anonymous said...

I'm with your mother - hold on.

Emma P Sevilla